Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Casey's Trophy






Last night we went to a banquet for Casey's cheerleading team, and of course the football players. They gave all of the kids a trophy, a nice jacket, and a little back pack tote. As you can see the trophy is almost bigger than she is. She was so excited about getting a trophy. She got up this morning and just stared at it as if it wouldn't be there when she got home. She also wore her new jacket to school. Then when we got home, she told me, "Mommy, I am going to go look at my trophy to see if it has fallen."
So cute and rotten at the same time.
I think that it is good that all of the kids got the same size trophy and got a little something for just participating during the season. Even though our Midget team did not win, the Peewee did, so all four teams got the same thing.

2 comments:

DeAnna said...

WOW! What a big trophy. I bet the kids were all excited. I think its great when they give all the kids something for participating. So where are we going to display this trophy?? :)

melva said...

Right now it is on her dresser. She keeps moving it to see it better. :)
When all the kids get something it makes it worthwhile for them for their hard work and effort. I think it is great.