Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Cody Marches for Homecoming



Tonight Cody marched in the band for his schools homecoming game. The band started the game out. They did such a wonderful job. I wish you could have heard Cody play the symbols. Sorry the pictures are so dark, but it was dark outside and Cody wasn't that close to me.
This bottom picture was taken at Renisa and Samie's birthday dinner. This is Casey, Lacy, and Caitlin. They are all cousins with a year between each. (lacy 6, casey 5, caitlin 4)
This reminds me of how close in age me and two of my cousins were. Trish being the oldest, Deanna following her by 5 months, and then me following Deanna by 5 months. Of course we didn't live as close to each other as these 3 do. But we had our good times.
I got an email today with a story in it about how God helps us when we least expect it and how sometimes God is helping us and we think that the world around us is falling. Any way there was a quote in this email that makes perfectly good sense and it makes you look at those bad times a little different. Here is the quote. "When you're down to nothing, God is up to something"
Doesn't that just sum it all up?! :)

1 comment:

DeAnna said...

Wow - great job to Cody! And these girls are too cute! And Thank God, Trish is older than me, so I don't feel too old. :) I was telling Kenny the other day how I hope that Isabella and Amelia can grow up being close to cousins -- I just remember how much fun it was when we all could get together at family reunions or just at Maw Maw/Paw Paws or Norma's, but like you said, we never lived close to each other for too long.