Saturday, September 30, 2006

Meet Roxy




I would like you to meet Casey's new puppy, Roxy, she is a shephard-mix and 3 months old. Eric took Casey to the animal shelter this morning to look at dogs and she came home and said there were 2 that she liked. Actually 3 but the one was bigger than me. And she had already named them. Chewy, and I forget the other. Any way after Casey's game we went back to the animal shelter so that I could help them decide on a dog. Well, I didn't like either of the ones that they had chosen from earlier, I liked the one we got and another shephard mix. So we ended up letting Casey pick which one for the final decision. And now she is ours. She is very friendly, and she is going to be very big. But I thought it would be better to get a pup to grow up with Casey than an adult dog that had to get use to Casey. Cody is away at camp this weekend so this will be a surprise for him too. Even though he has to watch how much he is around Roxy, for he is allerigic to dander.
Oh, before I go, one more thing. While Casey was getting ready for her game today, she was sitting in the living room, with her shoes and I couldn't quite figure out what she was doing, but she was tying her shoes. SHE DID IT!!!! And did a pretty good job too. I just wanted to take a picture of her little bowtied shoes but I held back. :) So then at the game, guess what Casey was doing instead of cheering? YEP, untying her shoes so that she could tie them again. She is growing too fast.

2 comments:

DeAnna said...

Good job Casey on tying your shoes!! And I love Roxy - she is such a pretty dog. And I agree a puppy is better to grow up with, especially if the dog hasn't been around kids. When we got Tucker (years before Isabella was born) Kenny used to feed Tucker and then stand there and push him and put his hand in his food, etc. so just in case Tyler (the only one at the time) would come over and touch him while he was eating he would know he wasn't allowed to snap. Thankfully, he's really good with Isabella.

melva said...

I finally remembered what Roxy's mix is. She is part German Shephard and Malamute(like a husky). So far she only whines when she is alone. Loves to have attention.