Monday, February 05, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!!






This past Saturday was my mom's birthday. And on her birthday I helped her finish wallpapering my kitchen. I will post pics of the finished wall soon. I still need to get some things out of the way. (like a cabinet) We had her a birthday dinner on Sunday since she was off on Sunday. I fixed spaghetti and a salad and Sheryl made a wonderful chocolate covered cherry cake. mmmmmmm. Mom got a sewing machine for her birthday, a cell phone, a carnation plant, pens, a sweater, and a picture of her kids, their spouses, and grandkids in a frame.
For the most part we had a really good time and the food was really good. Especially the cake, but don't tell Sheryl :)
Now also this weekend Mom and Casey had a conversation on the way to DJ's house. And here is how it went.
Casey: Vivi is ur husband dead?
Vivi: No.
Casey: Did him get anutter girlfriend and leave?
Vivi: (not wanting to explain divorce and why things just don't work) she said, Yes.
Casey: Well, at least you still have your job.
Now when she got up to my brother's house, DJ asked her if she missed them. She said no. DJ asked her why she was up there. Casey said to watch TV because we didn't have cable.
As everyone knows Groundhog Day has come and past. And the groundhog here did not see his shadow. But Casey will argue with you and say he did see his shadow and that we will have 6 more weeks of bad weather. And that everyone else is wrong.

Now before I end this post I do want to send another Happy Birthday out to my Uncle Dennie, whose birthday is today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DENNIE!!!!! :)

1 comment:

DeAnna said...

Ok, I am cracking up here at Casey's comments -- too funny!! Happy Belated Birthday to Vickie! My Dad said he called your mom Saturday -- of course, he called Dennie first, he couldn't remember which was which. :) We'll say its a man thing, we don't want to blame it on old age right? :)