Friday, February 23, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASEY!!!!!!!







Today Casey turned 6 years old. It is so hard for me to believe that my little baby girl is 6 already. I remember the day that she was born. I was put in the hospital 2 1/2 weeks early and they had induced my labor. My mom had left because the doctor said that it would be the next day before she would actually be born. Well, Mom had been gone about an hour maybe a little longer and the doctor had just finished a c-section on another patient. He came in and checked on me, went out to the nurses desk, ate 2 slices of pizza and then came back into the room I was in to tell me that he was going to go ahead and do a c-section because the baby was flatlining( Casey's heartrate wasn't increasing with the contractions). So little Miss Casey Paige was born at 10:02 p.m. As soon as the doctor took her out of my stomach I got to give her a kiss. And for her to be early she was a chubby little thing. She came into the world weighing 8 pounds and 2 ounces!! and she was 21 inches long.
That first sight of her was just great and mesmerizing. she was so beautiful. I didn't get to see her again until the next evening, because she was under the oxygen tent and wasn't wanting to breathe outside the tent. So when they moved me to a regular room they took my bed into the nursery so that I could see her.
The funny thing about the whole thing was that my baby shower was scheduled for that Saturday. Mom had given me a baby shower with Cody 2 1/2 months before he was due and I was in the hospital on the day of his baby shower with early contractions and labor that had to be stopped. So when it was Casey's turn(7 yrs later) Mom decided that she would throw the shower a few weeks before my due date. Well the shower was scheduled for that Saturday and I had Casey that Friday. So again I missed the shower but this time was to have Casey. Mom said that she would never throw me another one so I better not have any more kids. :)
Casey didn't come out from under the oxygen tent until around midnight the following Sunday night Monday morning. So the first time I actually got to hold her was on Monday morning and Sheryl was there. She was the 2nd person to hold her after she was taken out of the Oxygen tent. Eric was the first to hold her because he got to carry her to the nursery.
And now to think that all of that was 6 years ago. Where does the time go? Why do they grow so fast?
Casey will be having her Little Mermaid Party tomorrow with her friends over. I will be posting pics from that tomorrow night. Tonight, her dad and me are taking her to dinner at Ryan's so they will sing Happy Birthday to her.
Cody is at camp for the weekend.
So I again say HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASEY PAIGE!! I LOVE YOU!! I tried reposting the pics.

2 comments:

DeAnna said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I can't believe she is 6 years old either. She's such a tiny thing now for being a 8 pound baby. :) I remember when she was born and mom told me her name because at the time I liked the name Lindsey Paige -- I can't see either of my girls as a Lindsey now. :) Too bad we don't live closer, Isabella would have loved to come to a Little Mermaid Party -- she is in love with that movie and sings the "Part of Your World" song all the time (well at least her revised version of it. :)

melva said...

I would love to hear her revised version of it!! I am not sure of what happened to the pics that was suppose to go with the post though.
I can't picture either of the girls as a Lindsey either!:)