Friday, August 10, 2007

Vacation Finally

Well, we are now on vacation. We drove to the Outer Banks today. It was suppose to be just an 8 hour trip but it ended up taking us 12 hours. First off we stopped in Wytheville Va to check the oil in the truck(this is just 40 min. from our house) Once Eric got out of the Suburban and we ended up having a flat tire. So off to Walmart we went. We were there for 2 1/2 hours getting 4 new tires and getting the oil changed. By that time we were all starving to death. So we stopped at Shoney's to eat. So by the time we got on the road it was something till 11am. We started out at 6:20am.
Now I have never been to the outer banks so I printed directions from mapquest and I borrowed my brothers gps. Well they didn't agree on part of the trip and we went by what the gps had. MISTAKE!!!!!! It took us off of the main highway and through 2 towns. Which ended up being 25 miles more than what mapquest had. While traveling through the first town it started to pour the rain and lightning. We then crossed a bridge which looked like was over the ocean. As we were crossing the bridge you could see the lightning hitting the water. It was cool looking but to think about us being over the water during that was kinda scary.
Any way we will be back before the reunion and I will hopefully be posting as the week goes by.

On a totally different note: I am asking for everyones prayers again. My aunt Norma (Nunu) isn't feeling too good and is back in the hospital. Her blood count was low and she had to be given 2 more pints of blood (she just had 2 last Friday) and her white blood cells are extremely low and she has been put on reverse isolation until they come back up. So everyone going to see her has to wear a mask. On top of all of that she has been sick and in lots of pain. So I just ask that you pray that the Lord will give her comfort from the pain, and build her blood cells back up and give her the strength that she needs to get through this difficult time. Thanks.

1 comment:

DeAnna said...

I've been so slacking on my blogging lately..... but I enjoyed all the pictures you posted. I was wondering if you guys got rained out at Dollywood, it was such a pretty day to begin with and then it had to have a downpour. :) Hope you have a great time in OBX, see you this weekend!