Saturday, August 18, 2007

Back From the Outer Banks!!!!







We just got back from the OBX yesterday. I tried to get back online while on vacation to update blog and I couldn't. So I will have to post several different posts to get caught up from our trip. We had a lot of fun the weather was nice for the whole week we were there. The kids got to ride their bikes and swim in the ocean. I will post more pics and tell a little about our trip over the next few days. I am glad to be home though. We came home yesterday and we had our family reunion today, so I will also be posting some family pics from that.
Let me tell you about the pics above. These are from the beach on Saturday after we arrived at the OBX. On this day the waves were extremely rough. They ended up taking me and Casey under twice right in a row. I didn't think that Casey would go back in the water after this, but she ended up being a real trooper and began to love the ocean. The last time we were at the beach was for my mom's 50th birthday and that was in February a couple of years ago. The time before that Casey was only 6 months old so she has never experienced the waves of the ocean before. And I tried to tell her that the waves were stronger the first day we went than they normally are. By the last day at the beach she was riding the waves on the boogey board like a pro. :)
Since the waves were so strong on Saturday the kids decided to play in the sand and Samie made Casey and Caitlin into little sand mermaids. They attempted to make sand castles but that didn't last long.

No comments: