Sunday, July 29, 2007

Gaitlinburg Trip












This past week our family went to Gaitlinburg for a mini vacation. It was us minus Samie, my brother and his family, my cousin Sheryl and her husband Matthew, My mom, and my aunt Norma (nunu). We went down on Monday and came back on Thursday. While we were there, my uncle Larry and his family came up to spend time with us and Norma. We stayed in a cabin that slept 22 people, it was so nice, we all had king size beds and a bathroom of our own with a jacuzzi tub in each bedroom, and we had a hot tub and pool table. Here are some of the pictures I took down there. The only pictures I got of the inside of the cabin are the kids in the jacuzzi tub taking a bubble bath. The fog scene is from the night that we got there and from the middle balcony. I did take some pics of the neighboring cabins to show you sort of what the cabins looked like on the back side. We went to Cooters in Gaitlinburg on Tuesday. For those of you who haven't been there it is a small museum of the Dukes of Hazzard. I just loved that show growing up. I liked those good ol' Duke boys. :) I got a pic of all of us with the General Lee. Cody didn't want to go with us that day. Samie had to stay home because she had been bitten by her cat and had blood poisoning real bad. She was having to get IV antibiotics twice a day. So needless to say, I am glad that she got to go to Pigeon Forge the week before with her mom and grandma.
We had all went to Dollywood on Wednesday, but we ended up getting rained out before we got to ride any rides. We rode the rapids ride and drove the cars and then it started to thunder and lightnin, so they shut all the rides down. I will post the pics from that later today. So we ended up getting rain checks and are planning on returning in December to use the tickets. We want to see the lights at Christmas time.
Norma did pretty good on the trip, she got a little tired but she didn't get sick and she said that she enjoyed the fact that she got away from the phone ringing all the time. She then had to have her chemo treatment on Friday. So I just ask that you continue to keep her in your prayers.

No comments: