Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Camping at Douthat, Virginia

















We are back from our camping trip. We actually got back on Sunday, but I am just now getting the chance to post some pics and tell about them. We left last Thursday and went to Douthat State Park in Millsboro, Virginia. We went with My BIL and SIL and their kids. Also there were 5 other families of Rich and Elizabeth's friends. We had a good time. We went swimming at the beach at the lake. We did get some rain. Which the picture of the beach without anyone on it was taken right after a heavy rain storm. Isn't it pretty? Samie took her friend Erica with her and the three of us went hydrocycling on Saturday before the rain. While we were hydrocycling, Eric and Casey went Kayaking. They had fun. The Hydrocycles were alot easier than we thought they would be. The lake was kind of small though. We went fishing one night, didn't even get a nibble, I did take some pics of the fishing hole though. :) Some of the families got together and we had a shrimp feast, with some other items. And we gathered around the fire to hear Andy and Rich play guitar and sing. We had lots of fun and hope to get to do it again soon.
Cody wasn't with us for he was still at Boyscout camp. He did come back home on Saturday and stayed with Sheryl for the rest of the weekend. He said he got sick off of the food they were serving. But I think that it was because he seen how they made the eggs. (from a bag) I probably would have gotten sick too. Thanks to those of you who kept him in your prayers while he was off to camp. He did lose about 10 + pounds while he was at camp though. Only because they didn't feed him junk food and he didn't get to eat all day.
I hope everyone has a great week and a wonderful 4th of July!!!! God bless!!!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love the pictures! I always forget to bring my camera! I might cut and paste a couple for my blog, and I'll give you photo credits :) I had a really good time too. I hope we can get together to camp again soon!
Elizabeth

melva said...

Weezy,
you can cut and paste some of the pics, I don't mind. :) and hopefully we can go soon together. We will have to see what our schedule looks like.

melva said...
This comment has been removed by the author.