Monday, December 31, 2007

My Tribute to NuNu



As most of you who read my blog know, my aunt Norma, fought breast cancer for over 3 years. She fought it with everything that she had. The past several months were even harder on her for she had gotten sicker. She was in the hospital on December the 3rd. She went to be with the Lord on December 26th.
Norma is someone that I admire deeply, for during the entire time that she had the breast cancer, she kept her faith, she didn't complain and ask "why me?", and she didn't let the cancer get her down. The picture above is of our last vacation together in July 07 when we all went to Pigeon Forge, TN. Norma rented a cabin for all of us to stay in. Her brother Larry and his family came up and we all spent time together. Norma loved all of her family and enjoyed spending time with all of us.
And growing up I remember going on vacations with Norma and getting to stay up late at her house. I remember watching Gone With the Wind, North and South, and watching the Beauty Pageant with her. She was like my second mom. And as I grew older, she still was my 2nd mom. When I got married for the 2nd time, it was in her backyard and she decorated the gazebo right up. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful wedding or a better place.
My son Cody was the closest to Norma, he is the one who gave her the name Nunu which is what we all call her now. Cody went to many places with Nunu and she didn't miss much of what he did. Whether it was in the play at church, parades for boy scouts, or anything for the band. Cody was her sweetheart.
I know that Nunu is in a better place, and I am thankful that she has no more suffering, no more pain, no more cancer, and no more tears. I am also thankful that I will see her again someday.
There was a poem printed out with Nunu's picture on it, and the title was I'm Free. And she is definitely free.
I love Norma very much and I will always hold her dear to my heart, and I miss her being here. But I know that she is with Jesus now and that she will be watching over me and my kids. There is a song that is sung at our church that sums it up, I will meet you at the river. And I will get to see her again where the streets are gold and we all have mansions there.
Thanks to all of you who have kept my aunt and family in your thoughts and prayers.
God Bless You All.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Melva, I am so sorry for the passing of NuNu. I know how much your Aunt Norma meant to you and the kids. We missed you over Christmas, but are so sorry for your sadness and loss. If you need to talk or a shoulder to cry on, call me I know Norma was a mother to you, and I know you are so brokenhearted. You are right, you will see her again in heaven. Be certain of that! Love you and see you soon! Elizabeth

DeAnna said...

That's a really sweet tribute. It seems so unreal to me. I've been thinking about all of you alot this week and hoping everyone is doing Ok. I know that her not being here leaves an even bigger gap for Sheryl and those of you who have been there with her. Like you said, its great to know that she is free, and that we will see her again someday, but it sure is hard to think about her not being here sharing in things with all of us. You all have been in my prayers alot!!

Sheryl said...

Melva,
did you take any pictures of mom, that weekend in the Smoky's? I didn't take very many pictures and I don't have any of her from there. I would love a few copies if you did. This was very nicely done. You have a way with words.
love ya
Sheryl