Monday, June 11, 2007

Summer Time!!!





This past Saturday I went to the hospital and stayed with Nunu for most of the day. While I was there my aunt Debbie and her daughter Shayna came in. We did get some good news about Norma. Her bone scan looked good, nothing has spread to the bones. Her echo cardiogram looked good. They could only do this about half way due to the cancer and infection on her chest and breast. The doctor did tell us that the place on her chest is a bacterial infection called pseudomonas. And that it can be treated with antibiotics, but that the bacteria is resistant to some antibiotics so the ones she is having to take are pretty strong. After Debbie got to the hospital, Shayna and I went to get us a bite to eat and then we went back to the hospital for a little longer. Then we went home. We stayed up late talking and catching up on stuff.
Sunday after church, me and the kids met Shayna for lunch, we then went back to the hospital and then we went to my SIL parents house to go swimming. This was our first trip to a pool for the summer, so I took some pics of the kids as they were in the pool. We all seemed to have a good time. It was a way for us to relax a little after this week.



Shayna went swimming with us, and I took a pic of her in her swimwear. Now I need to also mention that she is 13 weeks pregnant. This will be her 1st baby. And see, Shayna is the baby of our family, she was the last grandchild born, and she was born on Mawmaw's birthday. But I am excited that her and Travis are expecting. And I took the other pic right before she left to head back home. I just love this shirt on her. It makes her look more pregnant. :)

Now I will tell you today's news about Nunu, the doctor is seeing about letting her go home tomorrow, they just got to see if they can get a home health nurse to go to her house to administer the antibiotics by IV via port-a-cath, every 6 hrs. But everything seems to be healing okay. Her chest isn't bleeding as bad and is starting to clear up. I do ask that you continue to keep her in your prayers. And hopefully tomorrow I can say that she is at home.

No comments: