Thursday, March 22, 2007

Happy Birthday Cody!!!!



Today my baby turned 13, I told someone recently that I didn't feel like I was old enough to have a teenager. So as a way to remember when he was small, I did a little collage on the computer. There is a picture of his 1st birthday. This is the only picture I have of his 1st birthday, and it was messed up. We took a video that day and it is at my aunt Norma's house. There is also a picture of my Pawpaw holding Cody, this was at my cousin Mike and Meredith's wedding. This is the only picture I have of my grandfather holding one of the great grandkids.
The picture of Cody on the phone should have been a sign of things to come, because all he does is talk on the phone and on the internet.
I have to tell you the story behind the one with the birthday cake. When Cody turned 3(this pic) when it was time to blow out the candles, Cody sneezed all over the cake instead. It is funny now to look back at that day, but it was kind of gross when it happened.
And I put the one with him at the wheel of the dune buggy. Cause I know that it will only be 3 more years before he is actually old enough to be behind the wheel of a car. I said old enough, not that I would let him. :)
The hardest thing for me right now is to believe that Cody is 13 today. Time flies, and kids grow way to fast. I can't even hold him in my arms the way that I did when he was little, because he is bigger than me now.
Happy Birthday Cody, even though you are growing taller and becoming closer to becoming an adult, you will always be my baby.
Love, MOM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great, now I'm embarrased. Thanks mom. And watta ya mean 'old enough, but not allowed?' that is evil. THIS WOMAN IS EVIL!!!!!!!


;D Cody

DeAnna said...

Wow!!! Happy Birthday Cody! I can't believe he is actually a teenager now -- look out world! :) I love the picture of him and Paw-Paw. I remember when he and Maw-Maw died, how upset I was thinking that if I ever had children, I would never have pictures of them with them and that my children would never get to know them. And now that I have my girls, I wish for that even more. Those pictures are treasures! I know my mom has some cute ones of Tyler with them, but the other great grandkids over here never got to meet them.

I hope Cody has a great birthday!! Time definitely flies too fast.